“Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.”
Now that the primroses are up and the snow is melting, and if you think of India then well the sun is turning the heat a notch higher day by day. But whatever said, its spring and its time to take out all those pretty dresses and skirts.. Today I will be listing down the top 10 must haves of spring, which I feel should have a place in every woman’s closet.
1) The Little Black Dress (LBD)– It a classic. It was first introduced by Coco Chanel in 1926 in American Vogue and since then it stuck on. There are many variations of the LBD which have been introduced in the fashion world over the years but somehow it never lost its charm. It beautiful, classy and definitely needs a place in your closet in case you already don’t own one.
2) Classic White Shirt– A classic white shirt is a wardrobe essential. Its one of the safest bet when you don’t know what to wear. It helps you transform from a formal office look to uptown chic depending upon the occasion.
3) Scarves- Scarves are a playful and flirty accessory to carry. You can make a headband out of it or wear it the way you like it or just knot it to your bag. Apart from the multi functional purpose, it highlights whatever you are wearing and adds a spirit of playfulness to your look. Its an absolute must have for your wardrobe.
4) Denim Shorts– Its one of those things which are available to you in an array of different finishes and surface textures. It one of the easiest things to slip into and is damn comfy.
5) Floral– This is one print I absolutely love. It looks good on every piece of clothing, be it a dress, skirt, trousers, jacket and the list is never ending. This spring has the whole spring flavour in it, be it big or small flowers. It has never gone out of fashion and its a beautiful choice for a spring/summer morning.
6) Playsuit/Jumpsuit- The best feature of a jumpsuit is that it suits every body type. A playsuit/jumpsuit is available in lots of different silhouettes and its a lot of fun styling a jumpsuit/playsuit.
7) Tie up Shoes- I find tie up flats absolutely adorable. They are the perfect answer to your summer footwear woes. On the other hand tie up wedges or heels give a more chic look. So be a day on the beach or a trip uptown, if you own a pair of tie up your problem is solved.
8) Chambray Shirt– A chambray shirt is the best way to carry off a cool, effortless and casual look. It can be teamed up with a lot of things like a skirt, jeans, jumpsuit or dress. Its a lovely piece of clothing to experiment with and you should absolutely add it to your wardrobe.
9) Sheer Top– Summer and sheer go together as well as they rhyme together. Its a perfect escape plan for the scorching summers. Its comes in beautiful prints and silhouettes. Everyone who don’t own a sheer top should definitely try it out.
10) Hats- This is a piece of accessory which everyone is a little hesitant to wear but I think its an amazing piece of accessory and people should try it more often. It just helps in finishing the look and makes it look whole and complete.
So update your wardrobe with the must haves and till then ”Stay Aware and Stay Stylish.’